The practice has a completely mobile, wireless digital x-ray unit allowing instant x-rays to be taken horse-side.
We run an AGFA DR digital x-ray system that is completely portable allowing our veterinary surgeons to diagnose and treat a wide variety of lameness and medical conditions at your yard without requiring your horse or pony to be transported to a hospital.
The DR system is superior to other x-ray systems due to:
- Superior image quality from AGFA’s MUSICA 3 image processing software with enlargement capabilities and computer enhancements such as measurement and notation.
- Higher resolution for more accurate diagnosis
- Increased safety as chemicals are no longer needed and a faster exposure time means less radiation exposure for horse and staff
- Ultra-fast image acquisition
- Less x-rays required to be taken which means less radiation exposure and less time under sedation (if necessary)
As the system is completely digital it allows us to keep all of your horse's images on their computer file and also means we can email them to yourself, the farrier or referral practices/veterinary surgeons if required.